Alpha CB28X - random turn on of CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend with an Alpha CB28X Combi boiler, during the summer months she turns the switch on the mechanical rotary timer in to the off position - therefore, you would assume that the CH is totally off, however, at random intervals (not dependant on the time of day) the central heating will turn on, heat up for a few minutes, then turn off again. This has been noticed in the morning and the evening.

Could this be a faulty timer? Or maybe a faulty frost stat?

Several people have pondered, any ideas please?

Thanks,

Simon.

Sponsored Links
the Alpha cb28x has a daily pump run to prevent it sticking.

Sponsored Links
Sure like most combis, but usually they don't LIGHT!

This is true Chris it's the steamy ones that do that.

Micro switch on the divertor valve is worn or sticking or Hot water flow switch.

Best bet is to change the flow switch.

doitall said:
This is true Chris it's the steamy ones that do that.

Micro switch on the divertor valve is worn or sticking or Hot water flow switch.

Best bet is to change the flow switch.

fink i i was there ;)

sorry to keep on coming back to this same point, but is this still the case if there is no CH & no HW demand?

I thought that the divertor valve / HW flow swtich would only be active when there is demand for HW/CH, in this case, there is neither!

coopersim said:
sorry to keep on coming back to this same point, but is this still the case if there is no CH & no HW demand?

I thought that the divertor valve / HW flow swtich would only be active when there is demand for HW/CH, in this case, there is neither!

The flow switch is part of the divertor valve. if its not shutting off properly the boiler will fire in the daily kick to prevent the pump sticking.

The pump is designed to run for a few minutes every 24 hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back