Alternatives to round JBs ?

Sponsored Links
A double pattress with a blanking plate top makes a handy junction box
Not made out of a very forgiving material when it comes to making several cable entry points though.
Indeed. On the contrary, as I've often observed, just about the most unforgiving material (some sort of urea-formaldehyde resin, or suchlike, I think) that I have ever tried to work on! Drilling holes in glass is, IME, probably less unpredictable or 'dangerous'!

Kind Regards, John

aren't the pattress boxes intended for use with conduit made out of slightly softer material

aren't the pattress boxes intended for use with conduit made out of slightly softer material
Indeed. There is no 'slightly' about it - they're PVC, and (in dramatic contrast with 'the usual') are a dream to work with - just like cutting cheese!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't say like cutting cheese, but certainly easier to work in many ways.

Wouldn't say like cutting cheese, but certainly easier to work in many ways.
That depends on your view of cheese, I suppose - but it's a dramatic contrast to the usual wretched stuff. How safe it is for them to be made out of thermoplastic, I don't know - but 'they' obviously believe it's OK.

Kind Regards, John

Err, well yes :rolleyes:
The purpose of this thread was to get pointers in case I'd missed something appropriate. At the moment I'm leaning towards Wago connectors but undecided between something like a 4x4 adaptable box and a conduit (soft plastic) double backbox.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back