aluminium guttering or upvc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am having some quotes to have the fascias, guttering and soffits done, and one of them advised to use aluminium. The price was similar than the pvc ones
Is aluminium better than pvcu? or it is the same?
Your opinion and suggestion is really appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Aluminium is more than double the price of upvc and a much better option.

The last winter freeze caused a lot of ice build up in many gutter systems and nearly all of them had huge icicles hanging from them.
I had many call outs because of this and most of them were because the plastic guttering could not take the weight and had come down or was hanging down.
Aluminium guttering is a far superior product and is much more rigid and stable than any plastic type.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
and one of them advised to use aluminium. The price was similar than the pvc ones
Thanks
price similar :confused: are they talking about extruded aluminium - basically a narrow sheet that comes on a roll and is run through a machine on site - nothing wrong with that at all - it`s just I cant imagine the thicker ali gutter , which is great for replacing cast iron , being similar in price - just make sure you get written prices / Quotes and know exactly what you are getting. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back