Aluminium windows/Lintels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have several quotes for supply & fit two aluminium glass windows to a bathroom. I however I can't seem to move forward as I do not have an external lintel for the large window.

I found a builder who said they could fit one, but would take the windows out and I would be boarded up for over 10 weeks while the window was made and a fitting could be arranged. OK I would put up with that, just about, but not really happy as on the ground floor. Maybe I could arrange fitting the Lintel closer to the time of the fitting of the window, but that would not be possible as the surveyor in order to take the correct measurements has to come after the lintel has been fitted. If I had a template from the company to give to the builder close to the installation the company said the person installing the lintel may add or takeaway from the window space and affect the installation so basically not possible.

Is this the norm I go ahead with gettting an external lintel and then call in the surveyors and live with a boarded up windows for the next three months?

If I could get a company that supplied and fitted not only the window but the lintel that would be good, or a company that had contractors they worked with.

Last question if I am boarded up I guess I will have to take the boards off to let the surveyor measure the windows?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back