Can one of you kiind gentlemen start me off pls :D

Sponsored Links
way over fussy in my humble opinion 2 designs off drawers needs to be one
the lines need to follow the line off the string evenly

not shure how a 32" long drawer will work
or how practical the narrow door at the bottom will be
lets assume the the width is 80"
i would personaly just go for dividing the area into doors and shelves
as in 1 door at the bottom perhaps 20"width then a solid section off 20" with shelves extending back to the wall
you then have a door to give accsess to the shelves to the right and the final 20" shelves to the left

so from bottom to top you have a triangular door but the last 2" off the point removed
then a solid section then a door then another solid section

the shelves can be spaced to accomodate those plastic stacking boxes off around 18" deep and 14 wide so you will get exactly 2 per shelve
you can obviously shelve the back off the door opening this would require juggeling boxes to into the back corners but you get the idea

the whole lot is 12mm mdf 2x1 battons on the wall and opposit on the blank side with 12mm mdf shelves fronted with 2x1in the front edge and back edge as well unless its a batton on the wall
ir alternatinly the shelves can be 2x1" airing cuboard style

I agree with BA that looks awful and the lines are all over the place, there are also going to be problems with the doors opening.

Sponsored Links
Gimme the open access and simplicity of the upper picture anyday, and if you already have a natural finish on the stairs it'll look gorgeous...

If you like it then you build it it's your house.
Looking at your first picture and the second they are in effect very closely related. The second shows a basic shelving framework and it's only a matter of putting on facing pieces and making drawers and doors to suit. I would however try to make the tops of the doors line up with the string in a more consistent manner as suggested. The "blank triangles " to the side of the top doors and the bottom drawer would I feel benifit from the addition of a false front.

I did something like the bottom pic but had to overhang carpet so no wheels, used heavy duty plans chest runners , they where strong enough to support weight of a single chest freezer without bending.

the bottom design looks exactly like my designs if you imagine the centre one is just a door and the other 2 are just shelves that dont open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back