Amptec Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Heatrae Sadia 12KW Amptec electic boiler. The boiler keeps cutting out and displays the red error light, the only way to reset it is to power off & on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Chris,
The boiler can work fine for a few days yet today its cutout 3 times. The pipes get nice and hot and ive checked that the pump over run is working, it is.

Pete

Chris,
The boiler can work fine for a few days yet today its cutout 3 times. The pipes get nice and hot and ive checked that the pump over run is working, it is.

Pete
No doubt they will say change the pcb at £££. Not impressed with Amptec at all and would go with Aztec again next time if doing leccy boiler.

Sponsored Links
I'm going to have a good look this morning. It is in a very cold attic and the tennant did say it seems to cut out more when the weather is cold, I may build a lagged box around the boiler (with ventilation) and see if that helps. The boiler is over a year old but hasn't seen much use.

Is it on a sealed system? If so check the pressure is around 1.2 Bar cold.

Right, I had a proper look at this today in daylight. The boiler is a 12kw Trianco Aztec not an Amptec!. It is a sealed system and the pressure is ok. It didnt fail whilst I was there but i'm assured it does. The boiler temp was set to about 30% which seemed low so i turned up to 60%. I also re-checked the pump over run, this runs on for approx 1.5 sec after the boiler stops heating, which I didnt think was very long.

I wouldn't call that a pump over run :eek: I would expect it to be around 5 mins, as a normal boiler would need.

Right, I had a proper look at this today in daylight. The boiler is a 12kw Trianco Aztec not an Amptec!. It is a sealed system and the pressure is ok. It didnt fail whilst I was there but i'm assured it does. The boiler temp was set to about 30% which seemed low so i turned up to 60%. I also re-checked the pump over run, this runs on for approx 1.5 sec after the boiler stops heating, which I didnt think was very long.

Is there a flow problem/blockage causing the red light to come on? Is the pump work? Not being funny, but sounds like you will have to stay there and observe what happens for a while.

Pics of the boiler/pipework might help us, help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back