Angela Rayner

Murdochat has never ever criticised this govt for wasting billions on PPE contracts.

But he is getting his knickers in a twist over £1500

Utter hypocrisy from Murdochat.

You are a tiresome individual.

Time after time you make claims and then deflect responses, never actually answering points put to you.

So its fine if she is in the wrong because the fine is low?

Odd position to have

I have absolutely no opinion on this persons position regarding this "claim" as there is not enough information in the public domain to make a decision on.

Sponsored Links
You’ve never ever criticised the Tory govt for wasting billions on PPE contract or £600 m on Rwanda scheme.

You just care about £1500, because it deflects from your teams corruption

You are a complete and utter hypocrite.
What has that to do with this thread?

Again, it’s not about the bottom line. Wasting money (which I also do not agree with) is not illegal, is it? Mortgage, RTB and election fraud is.

Start a thread about it if you like and I promise not to mention Angela Raynor in it.

What you mean is you as a right wing Tory want them to care about it.
This corrupt govt want them to care about

Those voters care about not being to have their heating on, not being able to afford food, being on an NHS waiting list to get treated.

Those voters all want this corrupt Conservative government out of office.

Bod, I’ve not seen you once criticise this govt for wasting billions on PPE contracts, £600m wasted on Rwanda scheme or any other bit of Tory vested self interest.

Yet you care about £1500

Utter hypocrisy

However I have criticised them chucking money at the NHS and employing individuals who know nothing about managing money and running a company.

I've criticised them for spending out time and time again for firms to repeatedly repair roads then go back and patch them up.

My local tory MP the secretary for education has just quit. Maybe because he's not getting my vote.

Unfortunately I have little faith in Labour as a party.

I know and like the Labour candidate. He's a nice honest young man. If the rest of his party pull up their sicks and empty their pocket, he may get my vote.

So its fine if she is in the wrong because the fine is low?

Odd position to have

I have absolutely no opinion on this persons position regarding this "claim" as there is not enough information in the public domain to make a decision on.

What’s the matter with you, can’t you read:

Angela Rayner should be looked into and fined if she has done wrong

I have absolutely no opinion on this persons position regarding this "claim
You are bust posting in a thread about it.

So yes you interested.

Shame you’ve never been interested in criticising the govt for spaffing £billions up the wall on PPE contracts…..but that’s ok because it’s the tram you vote for

Tories and their media are desperately trying to pin something on Rayner, not because it’s important, it’s not, it’s because they want to deflect….a point you refuse to acknowledge

Sponsored Links
What has that to do with this thread
Your hypocrisy has got everything go do with this thread

the Angela Rayner story is purely Tories trying to making front page news out of something which is not worthy of such attention.

It’s not £1500, that would be her best case. It’s more like £10k with interest and fines.

This one is back in the news, not because of the crime ( a bit of tax evasion possibly) but the cover up.

It’s a quirk of getting married, that she lost the right to call the property her home when she sold it for capital gains tax purposes.

I don’t think anyone believes she and her new hubby lived in separate houses.
I’ve never seen Motorbiking criticise the govt for spaffing billions up the wall on bogus PPE contracts

Tory hypocrites are out in force dishonestly defending their team this morning.

Dog whistle politics.
It shows how the political landscape in UK (and probably other countries) has deteriorated since the advent of social media.

Dog whistle politics has always been available via the established media. But now the opportunities to bang on about an issue, however minor, and to add colour, and raise awareness, whether warranted or not, are easily available via social media.
The original story was raised by Lord Ashcroft, an ex-Tory Dep' Chairman.
Lord Ashcroft is a resident of Belize, where ha has not paid tax for 30 years, by his own admission. As a resident of Belize he was mostly exempt from tax in UK.
During his post with the Tory party, he said he would register for tax in UK. He never did.

Look, there's a squirrel.

Dog whistle politics.
It shows how the political landscape in UK (and probably other countries) has deteriorated since the advent of social media.

Dog whistle politics has always been available via the established media. But now the opportunities to bang on about an issue, however minor, and to add colour, and raise awareness, whether warranted or not, are easily available via social media.
The original story was raised by Lord Ashcroft, an ex-Tory Dep' Chairman.
Lord Ashcroft is a resident of Belize, where ha has not paid tax for 30 years, by his own admission. As a resident of Belize he was mostly exempt from tax in UK.
During his post with the Tory party, he said he would register for tax in UK. He never did.

Look, there's a squirrel.
Some see the bigger picture. Some don't, or won't.

Oh yes, squirrel, look

I’ve never seen Motorbiking criticise the govt for spaffing billions up the wall on bogus PPE contracts

Tory hypocrites are out in force dishonestly defending their team this morning.
The hypocrisy is being critical of right to buy and then benefitting.

Anyway she has gone on record that she was not living with her husband while she owned her other house and therefore didn’t declare CGT on that basis. So we assume CGT will be declared on her husband’s house and since they are now divorced we assume she declared the liability when her financial order was sealed.

I suspect she has just dug herself a bigger hole.

The Daily Mail article says that if she spent £15,000 on improvements, there would be no CGT to pay. The photos in another Daily Mail article show that the house had a pretty nice bathroom and kitchen when she sold it in 2015. Is it possible that she fitted a much better kitchen than the ones which were present when she bought it from the council. And did other improvements. Maybe that is why she is confident. She claims to have taken advice in the past month which confirms there was no CGT due.

Anyway she has gone on record that she was not living with her husband while she owned her other house and therefore didn’t declare CGT on that basis.
It is sensible for even a married couple to occupy both houses concurrently until one is sold.
How they achieve that is a private matter between themselves.

For someone who plays "the tax avoidance" game, I'm surprised you're not applauding her efforts.

Sponsored Links
Back