Angela Rayner

That’s not the basis of her argument.

Her argument is my home = no CGT.
She is under no obligation to disclose her argument to the public nor the police/tax office until allegations are officially brought.
Your stabs in the dark are no match for her accountants.

Sponsored Links
What are the rules on repaying a RTB discount, if you don't live there as your main home for a full 5 years?

What are the rules on repaying a RTB discount, if you don't live there as your main home for a full 5 years?
I suspect it's on a sliding scale.
Do you know if AR repaid any RTB discount?

Apparently the cost of improvements are deducted from any monies owing:

I don't think there is an issue on the discount. Despite the fact that her neighbours are reported to claim she sublet to her brother and wasn't living there.

She was on GMB this morning and categorically stated that she'd had expert advice and that she was living in her ex-council house up until the point she sold it, despite being married. Unfortunately she either didn't disclose the marital situation to her expert or the expert failed to take account of the impact.

The fact remains - married couples can only claim one residence as home, irrelevant of where they claim they lived. Either his house or her house is/was subject to CGT on sale. What is unclear, is if the former couple have filed for divorce and if this has been sealed. The tax rules for divorcing couples changed recently. She will have liability on his home, given her claim that her former home was sold as her primary residence.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is an issue on the discount. Despite the fact that her neighbours are reported to claim she sublet to her brother and wasn't living there.

She was on GMB this morning and categorically stated that she'd had expert advice and that she was living in her ex-council house up until the point she sold it, despite being married. Unfortunately she either didn't disclose the marital situation to her expert or the expert failed to take account of the impact.

The fact remains - married couples can only claim one residence as home, irrelevant of where they claim they lived. Either his house or her house is/was subject to CGT on sale. What is unclear, is if the former couple have filed for divorce and if this has been sealed. The tax rules for divorcing couples changed recently. She will have liability on his home, given her claim that her former home was sold as her primary residence.
Dat wernt there when I pressed post, honest guv.

I suspect it's on a sliding scale.
Do you know if AR repaid any RTB discount?

Apparently the cost of improvements are deducted from any monies owing:
Thanks for that link. So, she bought in 2007 and sold in 2015. That link says that anyone getting a discount on a rtb house that sells it within ten years must offer it back to the local authority or another social landlord. I wonder whether she did?

Local authority's right of first refusal
"Tenants who purchase a property under the right to buy on or after 18 January 2005, and who sell the property within ten years of purchase, must first offer the property to the local authority or another social landlord in the area before putting the property on the open market.[9] This is known as the right of first refusal".

Doubling down in that GMB interview

"You know, sometimes I spent time at my husband's house, of course, because he had the children a couple of days a week. So, you know, my living arrangements at the time were perfectly normal."

What kind of marriage was this?

the claim has no credibility and it doesn't change the issue of only being allowed one residence as a married couple.

She also has to answer:

Did she report her rental income to HMRC and pay the appropriate tax?
Did she report her capital gains tax liability when she sold her former council house, or did she claim it as her main residence?
Did she commit voter registration fraud by giving a false address to the electoral authorities?
Did she commit universal credit fraud by claiming benefits based on a false address or income?
Did she commit council tax fraud by paying the wrong amount or claiming discounts or exemptions she was not entitled to?
Did she comply with the legal requirements for landlords - gas and electric checks..

She is a fog horn on Tory hypocrisy and is front and centre when it come to her own affairs.

Despite the fact that her neighbours are reported to claim she sublet to her brother and wasn't living there.

Not a sublet. She was the owner. Anyway, she may have just let him stay there. I think I read he has some problems. Also, I'm sure she said he helped with the children. She sounds like a nice lady, with non-traditional living arrangements.

What are the police actually investigating? Is it just where she was registered to vote?

What business is it of yours?
Classic!

Like me, I assume he is a UK tax payer unlike you so it is our business to ponder such questions.

What business is it of yours asking such questions of another forum member?

Last edited:
What kind of marriage was this?

the claim has no credibility and it doesn't change the issue of only being allowed one residence as a married couple.

She also has to answer:

Did she report her rental income to HMRC and pay the appropriate tax?
Did she report her capital gains tax liability when she sold her former council house, or did she claim it as her main residence?
Did she commit voter registration fraud by giving a false address to the electoral authorities?
Did she commit universal credit fraud by claiming benefits based on a false address or income?
Did she commit council tax fraud by paying the wrong amount or claiming discounts or exemptions she was not entitled to?
Did she comply with the legal requirements for landlords - gas and electric checks..

She is a fog horn on Tory hypocrisy and is front and centre when it come to her own affairs.

Are you going all Gina Miller on this? :D

What are the police actually investigating? Is it just where she was registered to vote?
This wont go anywhere..

It's not a crime to be a hypocrite.

But I enjoyed seeing the mounting rage in her face when Susanna Reid gave her a very light grilling.

You can't run with the "my tax and living arrangements are private" while going on TV to discuss them.

No doubt the forum f*tards will claim its because I hate women.

Sponsored Links
Back