Angela Rayner

Sponsored Links
Why don't politicians who are accused of this kind of thing make a public statement they will talk to "whoever there is a debt with" and pledge to settle it?

If there isn't a debt, then there's no problem, if there is, it is settled.

Sorted.
It's unnecessary and not needed if there is no debt.
It would also be interpreted as an acknowledgment of there being a debt.

Why don't politicians who are accused of this kind of thing make a public statement they will talk to "whoever there is a debt with" and pledge to settle it?

If there isn't a debt, then there's no problem, if there is, it is settled.

Sorted.
She's tried that and her position is she took expert advice and everything is perfect. The problem is, it can't be. She is playing the missing tiles game and no matter how much she moved the tiles, she still has a hole.

Had she come clean about a very minor capital gains mistake at the start and this would have been history.

Sponsored Links
She's tried that and her position is she took expert advice and everything is perfect. The problem is, it can't be. She is playing the missing tiles game and no matter how much she moved the tiles, she still has a hole.

Had she come clean about a very minor capital gains mistake at the start and this would have been history.
If there is no capital gains mistake, there's no reason for her to "come clean" about a non-event.

If she took expert advice, and that advice is that there's no question to be answered, than your persistent fishing is exactly that, except it's nefarious.
Maybe she's too successful as a woman for your liking.

As a married couple - they cannot have 2 homes when it comes to tax due on disposal. You can easily forgive her for believing otherwise. But no amount of "modern living" changes that.

The argument that coming clean is an acknowledgement of a "debt" is utterly ridiculous. This is not a breach of contract or failure to pay for goods or services subject to the Limitation Act, this is an obligation to pay taxes, which by the way are likely to be out of time. So she is free to apologise without risk. of course if HMRC think it was deliberate, then they can still come after her.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I trust an organisation like HMRC. Their left hand does not know the right hand is doing.

I got a demand for a reasonable chunk of money from 8 years ago, despite the HMRC telling me each year since that I owed nothing.

Yes, with desperate Tories grasping at any straw to deflect attention from their abject performance.

It's foolish of Tories to try to distract attention from their own failings by raising suspicions of sleaze.

glass houses, stones, throwing.

Better to tighten your bra and try to sail away

1711638240676.png

She is happy to share her last 15 years of tax returns, as long as the Tories do the same.

She said you show me yours and I'll show you mine...

I did if you recall on the basis that you do the same.

Your reply was mind my own business.

Sponsored Links
Back