annoying centre flush system - PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a new toilet this afternoon which has a centre flush system. the problem I have is that i can't seem to be able to get the buTton which is screwed into the cistern lid to fit on the plunger to activate the flush.

It has a thread on it which it implies they need screwing together but i obviously can't screw it together because the button is screwed to the cistern lid from the inside.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS??

Sponsored Links
Typically there's a big plastic screw under the push button(s) which is fitted after the cup shaped chrome bit is dropped through the cistern lid.
The button(s) go in last.

Thanks Chris - what you have said makes sense but i can only unclip the buttons from the underneath so if i take them out screw in the cup and then click the buttons back in there will no way of getting the cistern lid back off at a later time - would you be add anything please

Sponsored Links
Thats how it's done and then you have to fiddle with the button(s) if you ever need to access the cistern..... :D

If you push one button down you usually see a groove on the revealed face of the other, which you can put a fingernail/screwdriver into to lift the button out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back