Another optima mx6 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just looking for some help as i have trawled this forum but can't seem to find any answers to my problem.

Last week we had an electrician in doing some work in preperation for our fitted kitchen. After turning the power back on the alarm would not reset. I did manage to stop the alarm by pressing 0 and the alarm stoped and the lights reset. Only power and day lit up
However when we go to input our code nothing happens. The keypad beeps but won't set. So still only power and day lit up. I purchased a new battery hoping that would cure the issue but the alarm is still not setting.
I have tried the reset codes but the alarm stays unresponsive.
Any one any ideas? Or come across this issue before? And more importantly how do i fix it.
Please when replying try to keep it simple because im not very good with stuff like this

Thanks
Wayne

Sponsored Links
Have you totally down powered the panel inc battery ? Give that a try to start with its probably stalled

Yes i turned power off at the mains and disconnect the battery. But still the same

Have you tried 0123 code ?
Alarm should not stop by just pressing 0
If it is then it's bin time ( optima xm6 at least 20 years old )

Sponsored Links
Yea i tried those code with no luck And pressing 0 does put it back to normal. Well by normal i mean the alarm stops and the lights go back to how they should look. Nothing happens when pressing the keypad unless i press prog then all the lights light up. But it won't let me program a code

Cheers. Will keep my eye on that. Strange thinks are happening with it at the moment. If we press 0 the alarm sets but once set no lights are present. Nothing we do then can unset the alarm other than let the alarm go off. Press 0 goes into tamper then reset goes back to normal !!!! Its a strange one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back