Answer me this one??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still re-wiring this house in Leeds.

Anyway there are a large number of FCU's in the place, one WAS stuck in a skirting board!!

I had to temporarily remove it to remove built in cupboards to access under the floor to pull cable into new socket outlet. :rolleyes:

After isolation, un screwed the cover and low and behold it is not connected to anything!!!!

So what!

poking throught the back box was some 1.5 T&E in the old colours.

Anyway, pulled in cable and placed 1.5 end on floor in connector block, until I could find what it did or did not do :confused:

I followed the 1.5 under the floor where it eventually rose up along the water pipe up to the second floor.

It dawned on me that above there was the boiler, went up, boiler had no power (i had put the power back on by now)

Back down and connected a FCU to the ring (temporarily) low and behold boiler has power.

Does anyone see my dilemma here :?:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh, and by the way whilst rumaging under the same floor happened across a cable, which was connected to nothing :rolleyes: pulled it out to check for current, went to fetch tester, within a micro second, massive bang :eek: :eek: from very old CU flashes and 30A re-wireable was now looking rather Black, cable had shorted out on water pipe :eek: :eek: :eek:

This house resembles a can of worms

Sponsored Links
May have been for a pump for the CH if it seems to be connected in with the CH.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back