Anyone got Fakro skylights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've inherited a loft-conversion with 2 Fakro skylights. They look great but the height they're at (top about head-height) means the fact they hinge on the centre pivot is pretty inconvenient. You pull the top down into your face and then once open you can't really get to look out of the window as it's in the way.

I'm struggling as to why you'd ever want this rather than top-pivoting like I've seen on Velux.
I wonder if there's any chance they can be re-hung?

Sponsored Links
Rehung no, repositioned, yes, but you'd need to knock the plasterboard off around them to unscrew the units, then reposition the upper or lower header, then refit them. I think Fakro make top hung windows as well, but the idea of the tilt and turn windows, is that they can be swung down for cleaning. Check to see if they have a second position on the unlocking hinge that allows them to swing upwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back