Apollo 30 not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me!!!
I live in rented accomodation and my land lady is on holiday for 2 weeks and my boiler is not igniting, (happened after turning the system off at the thermostat and to the 0 position on the boiler (i did not turn off the electric supply)) the pilot light is on, but there is no hot water and no central heating. i have followed the instructions on the boiler to reignight the pilot light, (although it was already lit) but this has had no effect. I have an Apollo 30 boiler which is gas operated
I cant afford to get a plumber out and i cant get my land lady to sort it untill she returns.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't think so as there seems to be water pumping through the system....a humming noise is coming from the boiler when it is on, but no heat is being generated

Sponsored Links
Presuming you have turned everything back on, have you got a multimeter to check across your boiler thermostat?.....theres a reasonable chance once you turned it off it won't fancy coming back on again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back