apollo boilers, turns on for 50 seconds and then off for 1 m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apollo boilers, My boiler turns on for 50 seconds and then off for 1 min then back on for 50 seconds. This just repeats this when
ever the heating or the hot water is on.

Can nay one point me in the right direction? Do I need some one to look at it?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Chris Maddison

Sponsored Links
My recently installed Ravenheat CSI condensing combi does the same - 12 seconds firing followed by 50 seconds off and so on and so on. I was concerned about premature component wear so I asked Ravenheat for comments and wether I should have my CORGI man reset the boiler output to its lowest setting (My system only requires 25000 Btu's)
They said all was OK and because the boiler has a modulator there is no need to alter the factory mid range output setting and the rapid cycling will save me money on gas bills.
Although I am not an expert I am not too happy about this so I have sent in my guarantee card with a covering letter recording the info they gave me over the phone!
I should mention that I have fitted a room stat in my sitting room and have removed the heads on the trv's in that room so that the two rads are fully on. I have also removed two other trv heads in the bungalow leaving only the bedroom and kitchen with operational trv's. I also have a 22mm manual bypass valve cracked 25% open - I would fit an automatic one if I could find an inline one anywhere. I have only been able to locate angled ones which would involve a not too easy fiddling replumb which I am sisinclined to do! Any plumbers out there no of an inline automatic bypass valve near enough the length of an 22mm inline service valve?

Mole shut the bypass and then open it a couple of full turns.

The info Ravenheat gave you is a fob off. They may have problems they don't want to part with.

Gasman

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back