Apollo fanfare problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says. Right then, c/h and h/w calling for heat but all I get is a quiet humming noise when you switch the boiler to hi or lo option. I've checked the thermostats and they all seem fine, if I make the fan switch operate manually then the boiler will fire. The fan will not run though at all at any point. I have 240 going into the pcb but not coming out to the fan wires, so I changed the pcb and it's not that. Any ideas Anyone ? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
We dont advise DIYers to get involved with repairs involving the gas or combustion aspects including removing the combustion chamber cover.

The only advice I can give is to get a gas reg engineer to diagnose the problem! That can often be cheaper than fitting new parts on a guess basis.

Tony

Thanks for that bit of advice but I don't think a DIY er would be able to make the boiler operate by bypassing certain functions of the boiler !! I am an engineer but am a bit stumped on this one !! For some reason the fan isn't switching on, I've checked everything else and it all seems ok. I have 240 into the pcb but then nothing coming out, hence why I thought it was this as every other check was fine. I've also checked the wiring looms for continuity and they are also ok. Anymore ideas anyone ?

Pcb has nothing to do with fan. Pcb is the ignition control board.

Fault can be found with a simple test. Only a gas reg engineer know how.

Other thing, you should get a gas reg engineer in as the boiler is positive pressure fan assisted appliance.

Dan.

Sponsored Links
After stumping 3 baxi technical engineers ( who incidentally will only speak to you after you have given them your registration number) I eventually found the problem with the 4th engineer. Would you like to know what the problem was ??. Tough. Thanks for your help, NOT. And stop assuming things and get of your "Gas Safe" hi horse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back