Aqualisa Digital Quartz - Electrical Connection

I thought it had broadened to the general issue of whether manufacturers are or are not entitled to specify fusing down for their products.
They're obviously 'entitled to specify' anything they want. The discussion has broadened a bit, but only to small products for which a 3A fuse would not be too small.
I don't think it is very unusual for people to supply an cooker hood from a 32A cooker circuit. Most people would fuse down, but kitchen fitters...:unsure:
Agreed. As we've both said, most people would 'fuse down' - but, as I also said, those who do not are probably not taking an appreciable risk. As far as I can make out, BS7671 would only require 'fusing down' if the product was considered to be capable of resulting in an overload (as opposed to fault) current greater than the CCC of the cable immediately supplying it (the main circuit cable should be adequately protected by its OPD) - and I really don't think that is the case with any of the products that have been mentioned.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Greater protection is always achievable, e.g. with the enclosed fuse units available in some countries, or by using a lower-rated MCB.
It theoretically is, but I think we are being told (I don't personally know) that manufacturers are not 'requiring' that in those other countries.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back