Arcadia 1980's Locking Handle spring broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a house built in 1981 with 2 sliding glass doors. The springs in the handles on both doors broke within 2 years of moving it (I must have been using my patio more frequently than the last owner).

I posted photos to this album along with a description of the problem.
//www.diynot.com/network/gobears81/albums/

I tried buying a replacement set shown below (product code 82-005 from Swisco):
http://www.swisco.com/Sliding-Door-Handle/pd/Patio-Glass-Door-Replacement-Locking-Handles/82-005

The problem with the replacement set is the screw holes are countersunk so the handle assembly cannot be moved along the x-axis to make it closer or farther from the door jamb. I cannot find an exact replacement handle set so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas?

The keeper is pretty narrow and if I use washers to have it stand far from the door jamb it doesn't line up because the old keeper was wider and positioned differently. (The keeper is what I'm calling the plastic part that sits in the jamb and accepts the locking lever.)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back