Are uPVC window knock-ons universal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I managed to pick up a nearly new FREE window that will almost fit my garage.

110mm too narrow, 80mm too short from outside. Inside is a bit less.

I will add a stub sill then 50mm on top, and 50mm each side I think.

But... are the knock-on bits universal, or does the fit vary by extruder?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Fit usually vary from extruder to extruder , BUT you could just turn them round and screw them on , making sure you have a bead of silicone on the faces where they meet

Thanks. I saw Gazman recommend a while back to use timber, and then cover with plastic trim. I think that might be the way to go!

3x2 tantalized is fine. Not tight to the wall though or at least separated by a bit of DPC if you want it to last

Sponsored Links
3x2 tantalized is fine. Not tight to the wall though or at least separated by a bit of DPC if you want it to last

Thanks, 50mm tan timber is actually about 45mm from my supplier after planing, so Ill fit a 3mm packer between wall and timber, and then a 2mm between timber and window, unless I can get it all perfect, and have 5mm against the wall.

Its just so the timber is not in permanent contact with damp bricks/walls as it wouldn't last very long that way. Tightly screwed to the window is fine.
Preferably some nice straight wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back