Ariston Ecosystem 27 RFFI constantly on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a replacement condensing boiler fitted two weeks ago (Ariston Ecosystem 27 RFFI) to replace my old Potterton Netaheat. I still have my hot water tank but the engineer removed the pump as the ecosystem has a built in pump. I still have something attached to the pipework in the tank, apologies as I don't know what it is called but it is a Honeywell silver box and has a slider on the top that used to move when the heating came on and off!.

Anyway at the same time the electrician fitted a new time controller. We discovered the next day that the boiler was not switching itself off. We called the electrician back who informed us that the controller was faulty, so we got another one ( Lifesytle LP522 Electronic Programmer) and it is still doing the same thing. We informed the electrician of this and he didn't hurry back so we got in another firm of electricians who spent and hour checking the controller and could just not make it work. To their credit they even went to my neighbours house who still has a Potterton Netaheat and looked at her new controller and how it was wired (exactly as mine)and they took it off her wall and tried it in my house...still same result. So I think we can discount a faulty programmer.

The electricians gave up and said it must be the boiler, the boiler engineer has been back and says it's not the boiler it's the electricians fault. Either way I am stuck with a boiler that I have to switch on and off at the wall, I know longer wake up to a warm house and I can't get hot water without putting my central heating on which is unbearable now that the weather is warmer. I never thought I would long for my Potterton Netaheat but I am. I just want someone to point me in the right direction, this blaming each other is not doing anything for me the customer.

Does anyone have any idea???. I'm sorry this is a bit long but I tried to give as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance

Karen

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back