Ariston Micro combi 27 MFFI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to repair a Ariston Micro combi MFFI for a letting agent I do a load of work for (I try to avoid Aristons like the plague) I have tried working my way round the boiler with my multi meter but have drawn a blank. I have bundles of H/W and the boiler chugs along quite merrily with no problems, when the boler fires in C/H mode it is fine for approx 3-5 mins but then shuts down. (makes me think a Stat).There is an amber light which is a "Fume sensor" and this goes out when the hot water is being used but continues to flash when the C/H is used before it cuts out. I have had the flue elbow off as well to check that the small bypass tube is blocked, but this model does not have one. Anybody got any ideas.??

Sponsored Links
I cannot come to any immediate conclusion but suggest you check the CH NTC, then the flow switch and then the CH power setting pot.

If all that fails then ask MTS tech.

Aristons are perfectly reasonable Italian boilers if you take the trouble to understand them.

Tony

I even tried cursing it in Italian....
Agile you are of course right, it is never the boilers fault that we don't understand it.. I am going to ring technical in the morning but thought that maybe the learned people here may have had the same problem.
Thanks for your input.

Try what I have suggested first! You may have to wait a while for MTS to answer.

As far as the wife is concerned, love her and give her a present! A plumbers wife has to put up with dirty clothes, unsociable hours and constant talking about boilers! Finish early, give her a present and take her out for a romantic meal, and then do it again on the 14 th Februrary!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I will check these things out... It just seems strange that the fume sensor light is flashing (Whatever that thing is).. It says in the Instal/service manual that this is when the appliance is not disposing of it's products properly, but why only on C/H.. surely if this was at fault then the H/W with its higher burner output would be affected as well.. I will let you know what transpires.
Thanks Tony
And by the way I have already booked the table .. (For me and the wife and all my plumbing buddies and their wives) :)

I have checked my email and have not seen any invite!

Tony

Yours is in the post mate... (I wrote it on the back of the Installation/service manual for an Ariston Micro Combi 27MFFI because that is all it's good for)
Thanks for your help and I will let you know how I get on.

I called Ariston/MTS today and spoke to Mr Ariston and on and on. To be honest the "Techie" was very helpful and had to admit in the end that he didn't know the answer. The only real help was that the flashing flue sensor LED should not flash at all, there should only be a continuous amber light so this may point to a dodgy PCB.

Stulew, did you manage to fix this problem?? I have the same problem on my boiler and not sure what it is??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back