Ariston Microgenus 24 PRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the PRV on a Ariston Microgenus 24 ?

Pressure in mine was allowed to get over 3 bar, PRV blew allowing system to vent externally. But now cant get system to maintain pressure, suspect PRV needs reset, but I cant find anything that looks like a PRV.

Sponsored Links
How do you expect to "reset" it ( if you can find it ) ?

Tony

You cannot 'reset' the PRV

If after over pressure, it now dripping all the time, then it is cuffed and will need replacing. Perhaps it will be a good idea to get the boiler serviced as deterioration in operation often leads to this valve weeping. Anyone attending would normally come with the said valve if you told them your worries. I carry an assortment of PRVs ready to go if there is a need to replace one that is broke ;)

Sponsored Links
You cannot 'reset' the PRV

If after over pressure, it now dripping all the time, then it is cuffed and will need replacing. Perhaps it will be a good idea to get the boiler serviced as deterioration in operation often leads to this valve weeping. Anyone attending would normally come with the said valve if you told them your worries. I carry an assortment of PRVs ready to go if there is a need to replace one that is broke ;)

Do you want the job mate ? :p

I've found the PRV but sod knows how you get it out without dismantling half the boiler.

In that case will need to be next week as am busy till next Tuesday

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back