Ariston Microgenus 28 Cutting Out ("A01")

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ariston Microgenus 28 MFFI combi boiler has heated water without a problem since installed. But since starting to use the CH function this Winter, it works for both CH and water for about an hour and then cuts out with error code "A01".

Re-setting it works for about 10 seconds then it shuts off again. However if I leave it for about an hour or so, it works again, for about another hour. The pressure remains the same at about "2.4" whether it works normally or has recently shut off. (It's almost 2yrs old) Does anyone have suggestions - my plumber's on holiday until late November?

Sponsored Links
hiya
i know this is an old post...just wanted to know what happened wit your boiler with the A01 problem. Mine has got the exact same problem..its an ariston microgenus and less than 2 years old.was purchased by previous owners of the house who have ot registered it for warranty. arghhh!

Does anyone have any advice...? My ariston boiler displayed the A01 message, just over two years old and just out of warranty. Called out a Corgi plumber who replaced the PCB board, also had to replace the fan (was causing all the electrics in the house to trip out), boiler worked fine for about 3 days and has now started displaying the A01 message again....HELP! Its costing me a fortune! Rang Ariston to complain but they were useless and didn't want to know as it was out of warranty....

Boiler is working at the moment, if we keep resetting it, but don't want it to get to the stage where it fails altogether again..any ideas..?

Go back to your repair man and say that unfortunately he hasn't fixed it, so could he come back and have another look, at his own expense this time.

You should not have to pay for a parts changer to keep fitting parts until he gets the right one :eek:

Could just be a loose cable or could point to an intermittent gas valve or possibly the new pcb faulty. Never assume a new part is working correctly just because it is new :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hiya
i know this is an old post...just wanted to know what happened wit your boiler with the A01 problem. Mine has got the exact same problem..its an ariston microgenus and less than 2 years old.was purchased by previous owners of the house who have ot registered it for warranty. arghhh!

usually the manufacturer will cover the warranty if the manufacture date is with in range.

have you given them the serial number?

Unfortunately these and similar models do seem very prone to PCB faults.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back