Armoured Cable Outside Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a normal plug socket in shed that is connected by Armoured cable. I am planning on removing the shed and then terminating the the cable somewhere outside. My first thought was to wire it into an outside socket. However do I need a specific type of socket to accept the Armoured cable glands? Do I need the special glands and are they easy to fit. Or is there a simpler way of terminating the cable?

Hopefully that makes sense

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think wether or not it is notifiable depends where you live, which country are you in?

Sponsored Links
Notifiable work outside.
As I've just pointed out to you in another thread, that is only true in Wales. In England, the work may be notifiable for other reasons, but not just because it is 'outside'.

Kind Regards, John

All the wiring is already done all I am doing is replacing the socket

All the wiring is already done all I am doing is replacing the socket
Even in Wales, literally replacing the socket (in the same location) wouldn't be notifiable - but there might be some debate about 'relocating' a socket in the manner you intend.

However, what matters to you is that in England, the work you want to do would certainly not be notifiable.

SWA can be glanded/terminated satisfactorily in many 'outside' sockets, but if you are not used to working with SWA, it might well be worth leaving the work for someone who is.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back