Asbestos Cold Water Tank Won't be removed by my landlord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I rent a house with affinity sutton and they are currently in the process of upgrading my boiler in my kitchen and water tank in my loft.

I've been told today that the tank that's up there is made from Asbestos, they also have told me that the tank will not be removed and will be bagged up in left in the loft in the corner which sounded a little "cowboyish" hence why I've started to ask questions.

Now the problem is that I have the loft boarded and use it for storage, also I'm now worried about it being up there being Asbestos as I had no idea what it was made from, it's very heavy but it would fit down the loft hatch no problem size wise.

Does anyone know what my rights would be with this? could I make them remove it completely?

Grateful for any advice

Cheers

Sponsored Links
As long as it's not being broken into dust it's fine but I'd want it gone for peace of mind.

Ask them how it's being moved and bagged - is someone with the right skills doing it? How are they planning to contain the dust if any gets released when bagging it?

Make a fuss of it.

Sponsored Links
Just an update :

They are removing the tank after having saying that I use the loft for storage and the tank is likely to get damaged with me moving things around.

It gets taken away with a Asbestos company within the week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back