Askoll Washing Machine Drain pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Neighbour asked me to have a look at his washing machine as he could not remove the pump filter..It only turned 3/4 of a turn and is jammed.
I did some research and found out that I can get to the pump and housing from under the machine which I did and after removing the hoses I managed to remove some cotton bud sticks. There must still be something in there jamming it as I still cannot open the filter any further.
I think my best bet is to try and take the pump section of the back of the housing...I couldn't see any obvious screws or anything so I was wondering how to do this? Could it be I simply need to untwist it? I did try that but didn't try that hard as I wasn't sure whether that was the right thing to do..Could it be like a medicine bottle where I have to push it and twist it or is there some other way to release it..Its a Bosch Washing machine anyway and from looking on the internet it appears to be an Askoll pump..
Can anyone advise me on how to remove the pump so I can at whatever is blocking the filter from unscrewing? I expect its a 5p or something!!!
Many Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
Bosch machines normally have a twist fit type pump

They have a small locking tab that needs to be moved to allow the pump to twist (note some machines have a left hand twist and some a right hand twist)

Askoll make a lot of different varietys of pump that look superficially/first glance the same

Hi,
Many thanks for the reply...I now know that the model number of the machine is WF02466GB So I am trying to find out exactly what pup it will have.
When you say that there is a small locking tab that needs to be moved you can't send me a link to any diagrams can you so I know what to look for? I'll see what I can find on the internet anyway but if you could point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
The motor on the drain pump has 3 or 4 bayonet type fittings, one of these (usually the most in-accesible) has a small tab that needs to be lifted up to allow the motor to twist out of the pump housing.

You don't need to remove the pump housing to get to the impeller as the motor twists and pulls out of the housing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back