Astra van with more issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am keeping a brave face on this but help AGAIN please. My Mk3 astra 1.7td is starting again now but will only fire up after 3 turns of the key (ie pre ignition sequence glow plug symbol goes out 3 times) any ideas or things to check please I dont wanna loose another one to that big mechanic in the sky. I have put new glow plugs in, a new battery and there is plenty of current being generated from the alternator (thats what my friend said anyway) the mechanic that i had look at it before checked a few things and said all was ok but wasnt aware of the 3 times malarky. Thank you

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/automo...n-again-with-more-probs.298068/#ixzz1d2eATRSL

Sponsored Links
I guess here the fuel is returning back to the tank, instead of it being held in the injector pump. A popular area to investigate would be the fuel primer close to the fuel filter (which has non return valves in it) but I don't know where it is on the Astra.
John :)

check to see the glowplugs are actually getting 12 volts and how long it stays on for when you put it to pre heat

Sponsored Links
I posted in the other thread - maybe the answer is the glo plug relay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back