atag blauwe engel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the algarve portugal and i cant get a sevice for my atag blauwe engel, which has been a real pain in the butt since buying the place 3 years ago, and yes the evenings are cold and we do use c heating for about 3 hours in the evenings and for hot water----

the pressure is up and down like a yo yo going from 05 to 30 hence it is cutting out and wont fire unless the pressure will stay about 16 ,ive tried reset button and it does fire up when pressure is ok, also i have spoken to the nice technical people at ateg who occasionally give me codes to try due to the last< dutch> so called plumber serviced it then left the boiler on exhibition mode

question =why is the pressure not staying stable?

= why when it does decide to fire up does it not get the tap water piping hot and yet the rads are boiling hot

oh and to really add to my problems the room stat brain is in dutch with no english mode so i usually hav to leave it on auto so i live my life around the time the boiler tells me it wants to give me hot water and heating , <thats when it does decide to work> it seems such a shame to replace a 7 year old boiler for the sake of not having a anyone to service or provide help anybody out there who any idea what is causing my atag to be so tempremental let me know--- cheers im of to the pub as they have a nice log fire there --

Sponsored Links
Who do Atag recommend to service your boiler in your country?

Tony

Tony

installed by a dutch guy who built house, atag uk have sold me a pressure switch to cure the problems i am presently experiencing- so i will try to fire up the boiler when it arrives , the restart button when pressed trys to light up the boiler only for it to show the fill sign , however its staying on fill or high or o pressure

Tony

installed by a dutch guy who built house, atag uk have sold me a pressure switch to cure the problems i am presently experiencing- so i will try to fire up the boiler when it arrives , the restart button when pressed trys to light up the boiler only for it to show the fill sign , however its staying on fill or high or o pressure

NO DEALERS OR TECHNICIANS IN ALGRVE SO I TALK TO ATAG HEATING UK FOR INFO

Sponsored Links
When you switch it on it goes through an self diagnostic program than can take 30mins plus, just let it get on with it.

Faulty pressure sensor, they are quick and easy to change, some of the older Blauwe Engel models had a shut off valve incorparated with this sensor, so it could be changed without draining down, otherwise the heat exchanger has to be drained, after you have changed it, let it go through its self venting sequence, this takes 17 minutes

Is the system water clean?. It would be worth running through some cleaning chemicals and dosing with inhibitor. I installed a blauwe engel in 1997 which is still running off the original pressure sensor. System water is Gin clear. The Wilo pump was replaced in year 4 with a grundfos and there have been no problems since.

Do you have the Brain with triangular buttons? You *can* change the language so you don't need to know what Kloktyden or Toestel means ;)

I'm sure one of us would take our FGA with us on a working holiday to Portugal! Don't the locals use such electronic wizardry?

well the good news is that the sensor i ordered from atag arrived wednesday to my algarve house am i ordered it just2 days before well done postal service, the sensor took 15 minutes to fit then i switched on the codes read out said A17 which was telling me that it was on automatic aeration the pressure was at 29 so i bled the rads and let out air from the air bleed valve fitted on the pipework going in to the boiler after a call to atag where the nice technical centre talked me through the start up simply by confirming that to wait 27 mins for the boiler to fire up, i bled some more air out of the system later it now reads 1.7 bar and is running well----thanks for all advice and support everybody and kind regards to atag technical for suggesting i buy a new pressure sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back