Attaching Honeywell cm907

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to the excellent advice of this board I have bought a CM 907 Honeywell thermostat to replace the old Honeywell thermostat of uncertain provenance installed in my house. The system is currently set up with an old electromechanical timer by the boiler ( a combo unit). The timer has started to fail of late (slipping out of its settings) so I was intending to install the CM 907 to replace the functions of both by leaving the timer in manual on.

Unfortunately I have become rather confused trying to replace the old thermostat (see attached photo for the current wiring). I'd be very grateful for any assistance that can be offered As the wiring layout on the old thermostat has faded with time and I don't know how to proceed.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

View media item 50657

Sponsored Links
IIRC 1 should be live input, 3 is switched live output, (energised when there is a call for heat), and 2 is neutral which I think isn't required on the CM907 so needs to be made safe. I would double check with the Honeywell wiring diagrams (on the Honeywell site) before doing anything though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, works like a charm. Now I just need to work out how to program it :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back