audible security lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a few years ago i purchased a security light with a plug which when plugged in would sound if the garden security light got activated.

I can now not find anyone who sales one.

I think the manufacturer was Micromark.

David

Sponsored Links
I remember seeing those in the Argos catalogue a few years back, although I don't know if they still sell them.

I remember seeing those in the Argos catalogue a few years back, although I don't know if they still sell them.
I saw them too!! :LOL:

One could take a feed from the PIR switched live to run another light or a buzzer indoors.

Wouldn't that buzz for the entire duration the light was on though?

I reckon the novelty would wear off very quickly :LOL:

We have a couple of ELV passives dotted about at home which clicks a relay in the house. It's enough to alert you if someone is skulking about the place, but not enough to drive you mad.

Sponsored Links
not if you wired it to a "ding dong" bell.. it would ding when it came on, and dong when it went off..

;)

Or wire a remote contactor / relay with 240v winding so that you get a click on then off.

not if you wired it to a "ding dong" bell.. it would ding when it came on, and dong when it went off..

;)

That's what we need at UK Immigration

If you add a few civil servents, counting the dings and dongs, then we will soon know how many people are actually living here!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back