Aussie government hammers the tobacco conmpanies.

Sponsored Links
I hope the UK does follow. You never know, I might go into the shop to buy 50g of the cheapest tobacco they have and they could sell me 50g of Golden Virginia by mistake if it's in a plain wrapper ;) ;) ;)

I hope the UK follows. I know I shouldnt be one for wanting declining sales of tobacco products, but a the end of the day, people will spend their hard earned disposable income on other products.

I'd love to see a pack of 20 costing £10.

I'd love to see tobacco being kept under the counter.

I'd love to see tobacco in plain packets, as in Australia.

The tobacco industries spend millions on maintaining sales, and trying to grow market share. These reps could then go and seek meaningful employment.

In my opinion, simply having tobacco on display in any form is enough to attract some impressionable young people to start the habit. If it werent there, they might not start. "Ooh look cigs, lets be all grown up and buy some". :rolleyes:

"In my opinion, simply having tobacco on display in any form is enough to attract some impressionable young people to start the habit. If it werent there, they might not start. "Ooh look cigs, lets be all grown up and buy some".""

Supermarkets have food on display. Doesn't stop people becoming fat.
Pubs have alcohol on open display. Doesn't stop people becoming alcoholics.
Illegal drugs however, are not on display. Doesn't stop people becoming dependant.

Where will it all end???

Sponsored Links
Supermarkets have food on display. Doesn't stop people becoming fat.
Is being fat percieved as being big or clever by young ones? Is food addictive (to the majority)?

Pubs have alcohol on open display. Doesn't stop people becoming alcoholics.
Pubs are a controlled environment where consumption can be monitored by a licensee.

Illegal drugs however, are not on display. Doesn't stop people becoming dependant.
Again, its the "big and clever" thing.

Where will it all end???
Police state.

Alcohol.
"Pubs are a controlled environment where consumption can be monitored by a licensee.""

So why do we have this problem with binge drinking?
Obviously licensee's need to brush up on their monitoring skills.

Drugs.
"Again, its the "big and clever" thing.""

Have you ever seen a heroin addict? They don't look big nor very clever to me.

I'm just trying to make the point that it won't make any difference whatsoever.

Drugs.

Yes, and I've seen a dying smoker. It doesnt stop it being "big and clever" to a group of 14 year olds though.

Drugs.

Yes, and I've seen a dying smoker. It doesnt stop it being "big and clever" to a group of 14 year olds though.

Its so easy being narrow minded Steve. :rolleyes: Your idealistic world is not the reality in wich we live in. Pubs want profit, and will sell you alcohol no matter what - even if they know your dependant on it. Illegal drug pushers are not too dissimalar. You need it - they supply it. Its just not lawful.

Ive seen more pain and suffering that you would care to imagine - through drink and illegal drugs. Are you gonna pull all your alcohol under the counter in your co-op? I doubt it. :rolleyes:

Open your eyes just a wee bit eh. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back