Aussie Wooden Toy, & Wood Crafts designer just joined

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello from the land down-under. Looked over this site several times in recent days before deciding to join. Am a member of several other woodworking forums too,- one here in Aust, & on an USA site too.
Been a Wooden Toy maker / designer since about 1983, or thereabouts.
Done some editorial for The Australian Woodworker Magazine at various times over the ensuring years. Have my own range of Toy Plans, & Wood craft designs if anyone is interested.
Live in the small coastal town of Port Vincent, South Australia,- Population of about 450 people,- basically what you folk would call a, " Village." It is located on the eastern side of Yorke Peninsula, ( also called, " Australia's only Leg !! " ), which is by road, about 100 miles from Adelaide, although in a straight line we are only about 35 miles. Although Australia is," Officially Metric," - I can work in both which is jolly handy at times,- believe me.
Besides designing & making wooden toys, ( some are Model-Toys too ), I also design and make Dining tables, Collector's Coffee Tables; House Name Boards; Home Bars, and all sorts of interesting things,- even fix other people's monumental, " stuff-ups !! " - Yep,- get a few of them,- there's always someone who, " Thinks," they know what they are doing, or, trying tosave money by doing it themselves, without doing any homework first, then end up spending twice as much !! :)
To use an Aussie expression;-
'ave a good day,
Roger

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum Roger.
Never been to Australia myself but know Port Vincent like the back of my hand.
Well I just been round it on google maps. :D

It does look quite isolated. The vast countryside backdrop is stunning and its sunny. Its raining here. :(
Looks like a lot of crops. And I think I saw an airplane crop spraying.
And you've got great whites in the ocean. :eek:

Yes its mostly metric here when it comes to measuring. I like to use both and still get it wrong and end up with one of those "monumental stuff ups". :mrgreen:

We went metric over 40 years ago, but we don't like to rush things, so still use both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back