B&Q £6-8K TO FIT AND INSTALL A KITCHEN!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this for real ? I got quoted the above figure to fit a £2.5k kitchen from B&Q
not inc appliances

the kitchen size is 8.5x9.5 ft so not exactly big

i said does it include an extension! am i way off here is this what it costs?

Sponsored Links
I have just noticed its in London.. Oh well i could fly down First-class each week for the work
Gregers £1800 seems fair :D

John....

Sponsored Links
if i bought said kitchen what would be a good price for install inc, gas hob connection and wiring in a cooker?

B&Q charge three times the price so when the fitters screw it up they can afford to send in another team to put it right and still have enough left over to defend themselves when you sue them in court. :LOL:

Nah, 6-8k is cheap. :LOL: ... me grandad was quoted around 4.5k to fit a bath! :eek:
Just a bath, not a full suite!

if i bought said kitchen what would be a good price for install inc, gas hob connection and wiring in a cooker?

Fit it yourself. I've just done mine (ok it's not quite finished) but I had never tiled or fitted a kitchen before and I've done it. It's not that hard at all. You will need a plumber to do the gas hob (find one on the Gas Safe register) and it would probably be worth getting a sparky to do the electric oven - you can do it yourself but you will have to notify the council and they will charge to inspect it. Some electrictians can self certify the work, if it is just the oven then that will be cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back