Back flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Hope someone can help this old guy with some advice please. I was using our shower this morning when there was a small pop sound and water began to flow from the casing as well as the shower head.

I took the casing off and when switching on the shower the water flowed back from the flexible hose and out of the joint.

I thought of blockage first of all and disconnected the shower head and the water flowed through the flexible line OK with no back flow. I re-fitted the shower head and it re-created the problem.

I have bought a new shower head and on fitting it re-created the problem. So now I have new flexible hose and a new shower head but still get back pressure creating water to come out of the top of the flexible hose.

I have just run water through the flexible hose without the new shower head for a few minutes to see if there was a small blockage in the new hose, water flowed freely/ As soon as I put the shower head on, the water flowed from the head and from the unit side of the flexible hose. There were no kinks in the hose.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

regards

Sponsored Links
There was a restriction in your shower hose and the pressure relief valve has operated. This is a small silicone ball usually just above where the hose attaches to the shower. It should still be there so just pop it back in with a piece of bent wire or a small Allen key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back