Bad Smells in Downstairs Toilet for over 18 months now!!! :(

Glad you liked the website Nige, the before and after pictures work well as most people are so embarrassed about their 'blockage' and seeing pictures of before and after shows them that we deal with it all the time. It stops them being so ashamed!

Andy
Fair comment - when I worked @ the hotel they had to dig out a section of completely blocked ( broken ) drain - solid with rubber goods - When the guy asked me why I was :LOL: - it was because that particular run came only from the Staff Quarters , no other part of the building ;)

Sponsored Links
So I get a Bailey Soil Plug... water flows under the pipe into the manhole cover... FFS.

I fit it where the pipe leaves the house and water flows around it. I'll try again ... when its not going to freeze..

Has the pipe become disconnected at the bend? Sounds like you are on the verge of sorting it.

Sponsored Links
I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!

After blocking all the drains up with bailey plugs and filling the sinks and toilet with water. I found water shooting out the back of the toilet on the floor. There lies our problem. 18+ months of rancid smell all because of this one stupid thing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back