balancing help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok so i have had 2 days trying to get it right with no luck, first i opened all the rads flow and return just like your told to switch heating on and work out which heat up first on the run thats fine for upstairs but none of the three rads down stairs get remotely even warm even after balancing the upstairs so i then try to work out down stairs and it all goes to pot, i have tried full open down and half open up but still no luck, could anyone who is knowlagable on balancing please give me any pointers, oh and at one point i had 5 out of 7 working but two down just would not heat up

Sponsored Links
Is it a balancing issue or a blockage or a slow pump?. You know the 3 downstairs are the last so open the valves fully and shut the lockshields on all the upstairs down to half a turn open.

thanks for advice will try it right this min no blockage been cleaned pump seems fine had it off cleaned and tried it before replacing the prop was wizzing round so will try what u sugested

i now have all the rads in the house working some are hotter than the others some are just warm i have noteced that on one rad on the feed pipe as the boiler kicks down the water seems to run into the bottom of the rad red hot it is a down stairs rad second on the run but as the boiler kicks back up the water goes cool again on the feed has any one any ideas what might cause this problem

Sponsored Links
oh and could some one answer the question of should the water in the header tank be hot warm or cold, and the return pipe at the pump should that be hot warm or cold, and of corse should the pump its self be hot warm or cold, thanks for any help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back