Ballpark roof conversion cost, '40s 2-up-2-down, NE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are a lot of 30s-50s brick build terraces here in ex-mining Durham (think Billy Elliot). Many were originally 2-u-2-d though most now have extensions of various types.

They typically have very high roofs, easily big enough to make a decent room and this is a very common feature as you look around.

I'm sure these things vary massively but any ideas what this might run to, not wanting ensuite bathrooms but a fixed stair, skylights, sturdy floor and required decoration in and below the loft? Are we talking maybe £10k or multiple of that? Many of these houses are selling ~£70k with it done or £60k without which makes me think it can't be HUGE money or it wouldn't be worthwhile?
But viewing properties that don't already have it done, I want to factor that in. I would NOT be doing the work myself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back