BAMBOO Help required ! Evil spreading or harmless variety ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought in 3 bamboo a while ago for my garden. I have come to plant them out but several people have warned me about the dangers. They say it will spread under the ground & pop up everywhere including my neighbours gardens & only fire & digging huge holes would get rid of it !

They are Tesco "FARGESIA" bamboo & the label states 'clump forming', does that mean it spreads ???

Surely such bamboos should be banned !?

Any help much needed & appreciated !

Sponsored Links
i have a clump forming one, it stays where it is and just gets bushier and bushier. i will post a picture later this evening

I have bamboo in my garden, it is a clump forming black bamboo and although it is clump forming it does tend to want rampage out of the ear whereI want it. I have to keep an eye on it and cut back the stems which want to roam. As mentioned previously a barrier to keep the bamboo contained where you want it would be a good idea unless you have large area picked out for it to grow.
I dont think that clump forming bamboo really want to take over the world just to stretch their legs a bit! :D

Sponsored Links
Lesley Jones said:
II dont think that clump forming bamboo really want to take over the world just to stretch their legs a bit! :D

unlike Japanese knotweed! :eek:

bamboo.jpg

taken about 5 mins ago

it must be about 4 years old, as you can see its "bushy"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back