Bargain drill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needed a new combi drill in a hurry yesterday......B&Q are doing an 18v Hitachi with 2 lithium ion batteries for £89 (inc pensioner discount ;) )
which sounded pretty good. Seems like a decent bit of kit, too!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Looks like they are doing a few specials. Dewalt less than half price and makita £110 off mark up.
I'm tempted by the dewalt but I don't need one, already got one and a back up :cry:

Sponsored Links
what amp are the batteries, got hitachi kit and its bloody good. stood up to 2 years abuse working in the gardens in all weather. At that price id buy it just for the batteries, if they are the right ampage

ah in that case ill pass, but still a good bit of kit

Was using one of these for a few hours and couldn't get used to it, the balance was all wrong. This is from an avid Makita fan though however ;)

Assuming it's this one, 1.5Ah.

Thats the one mate - battery capacity a bit small, I agree, but recharge time is only 20 mins. There's a higher capacity battery available which I might go for - but I needed this thing in a hurry.
John :)

very good bit of kit. We just go through the batteries very quickly when were doing decks etc, so i would always go for the 3 amp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back