Bargain Li-ion Drill / Driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these from Lidl the last time they had them. Parkside tools get a good rating in this month's Which? magazine.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=13261&ar=7

It is amazing for the price. Feels chunky and reassuringly heavy in the hand. You can pull off the chuck and use it as a simple driver. I was putting in some decking screws and, even in the high gear, there was no slowdown.

Not for the professional but if you are in the market for a DIY drill/driver look no further.

Sponsored Links
They look good enough value, but only 1 battery is a big hindrance, I bet a second battery from the supplier costs more than another drill.

Did think about this to use for screwing in tight places, but looks bulkier then my 10.8v impact. Think I will look for something smaller that will be ideal for kitchen units where torque is not needed

I've got the Metabo equivalent, (on which the Parkside design is blatantly based on) Which whilst a little bulky, came with a right angled doohickey attachment. Great for kitchen work.

Sponsored Links
I've had that Parkside in the link for about two years now. Love it. It's just about the only battery drill I use these days. Dead light but good power.

I might pick up another.

I bought another for my son's birthday present - one less thing to think about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back