BATH SHOWER SCREEN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I WANT TO GET A GOOD SHOWER SCREEN WINDOW THING THAT GOES ALONG THE BATH....ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

Sponsored Links
depends on your taste and budget

(please do not type in capitals, it is considered to be shouting)

1. Go to your nearest independent plumbers merchant, and see what they've got.

2. Pay a price in the middling range - neither cheapest nor most expensive.

3. Ask if spare parts (seals etc) are available, and don't buy it unless the answer is "yes".

I didn't realize I had cap locks on and was too lazy to delete the message!

My taste in bath screens is....what ever keeps the floor dry and plain & I am willing to spend up to about £250 I guess, thanks

Sponsored Links
1. Go to your nearest independent plumbers merchant, and see what they've got.

2. Pay a price in the middling range - neither cheapest nor most expensive.

3. Ask if spare parts (seals etc) are available, and don't buy it unless the answer is "yes".

thank you, do u know if the folding styles have seals or is it just the static or sliding doors that definitely seal?

depends on the make, some do, some don't.

I wouldnt go for a folding "solid" one myself, they seem to put a lot of "pull" on the fixings

thank you, do u know if the folding styles have seals or is it just the static or sliding doors that definitely seal?
I can't remember, even though I fitted one recently.

The folding ones have the advantage of being out of the way most of the time, and when folded put very little strain on the fixings (please just ignore breezer).

The swinging ones are simple, with less to go wrong, but are always in the way.

I've never seen a sliding one.

£250 sounds a bit on the expensive side - you're likely to be able to get a very good one for that!

I have looked at tons! I really want to geta folding one, I have seen basic 4 & 7 sided folding ones in argos and was thinking about those which are a bit cheaper.

It is the sliding ones that are very steep in price. I think the folding ones that are about £150 for a 4 sided & £170 for 7 sided.

Thanks for your help

The folding ones tend to be a bit wider and therefore keep more water off the floor, but they do get grubby because of all the nooks and crannies. Also the seals have gaps when the screen hinges, which can cause leaks.
I have a Coram sail bathscreen and it's great. http://www.coram.co.uk/bathscreens.htm

Why not try Wickes. I have installed loads of screens and the ones from Wickes are as good as any and they last. Avoid plastic panels, always go for glass, it's toughened anyway. The cost is around £70. Fit it yourself. Just make sure you silicon the parts when screing them to the wall and it will last for years. Save yourself some money too.

Its very helpful for me and my friends. I will share this with another to provide them a very useful information.

Try looking at the past post date as well, this thread is a year old :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back