Bath supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question: the original bath cold water supply (mains pressure) is 22mm but the hot water supply is 15mm should both be 15mm or both 22mm :?: If not why not - balance/flow issues :?:

I have a Vokera combi boiler.

I'm intending to fit a "Hudson" type thermostatic valve (wall mounted) to supply a bath Centrafill and ceiling mounted "rain-shower".

I am planning to use PEX pipes for the run from the valve to the outlets.

The valve requires 3/4" x 22mm or 3/4" x 15mm outlet adapters for connection to the pipe run.

Grateful for advice.

Ron :cool:

Sponsored Links
You will probably have to change the cold to 15 mm to fit your shower inlets. Cold should not really be 22 on a combi system but do check its not a tank supply. :D

"rain-shower".
Check the flow rate it needs against whatever your combi can deliver.
Usually combis would have to be 35kW minimum for big roses.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for response Guys.

(1) There is no tank;

(2) The Vokera combi (Excell 80SP) has a 23.7kw max heating output. The thermostatic valves specifications confirm that it is (a) suitable for unequal pressure; (b) minimum of 1 bar and maximum of 5 bar pressure operation and (c) suitable for either combi or tank fed supplies;

(3) My concern is whether 22mm connection from the thermostatic (3-way) valve to the Centra-fill only is correct or as suggested all the outlet runs should be 15mm :?:

(4) At present the H & C pipes from the floor (original bath tap lines) are terminated by 15mm and 22mm isolating valves - can I simply attach a reducer to the 22mm isolating valve and therefore have 15mm (PEX) pipe runs to both the rain shower and the bath Centra fill via the thermostatic valves outlets :?:

Ron

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back