bath tap pipework query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new bathroom fitted and changing the layout at the same time. I have employed a plumber and things seem to be going ok so far. However, I am curious... I have always had a very poor flow from the hot water tap on the bath (take a good half hour to fill an average bath).

One plumber who came to quote me said the wrong pipework had been fitted; both hot and cold on the bath should be 22 mm pipework and they were both 15 mm. A second plumber said it was ok to use 15 mm on the cold tap but I should have 22 mm on the hot one. Now some of the floor boards are up I can see the original pipework that feeds from the combi boiler. The Hot is 22 mm and the cold is 15mm.

The plumber I have at the moment has put a reducer on the 22mm feeding 15mm pipework to the hot bath taps. Is this right? Is there a reason why it has been reduced? everything I have read on the internet so far says a hot bath tap should be 22mm

Sponsored Links
THANKS. WAS WORRIED IT WAS BEING PLUMBED IN WRONG AGAIN. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO IMPROVE THE FLOW FROM HOT TAP

Sponsored Links
i'd add - also check 'full bore' isolation valves are being fitted to your hot water side - regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back