Bath taps and shower question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

last summer I ripped out our heating system and replaced with a combi boiler, went for a big (ish) one to get a nice high flow rate for a good shower. Currently have a 9.5KW electric shower, but I have never found them to be that great compared to running off a combi. The bathroom was fitted only 2 years ago so I don't want to do any smashing, bashing or cutting if I can avoid it. My problem is that my plan of just getting a bath / shower mixer tap and shower riser has been scuppered by the completely non-standard taps the last owner of the house had installed. The actual 'tap' parts are separate from the spouty bit, so there are 3 holes in the bath, but not spaced so I can cover them with a standard mixer tap. the spouty bit is a rectangular affair that rises from the bath abou a foot and the turns into a sort of channel so that it is like a waterfall type effect, it also has some rather pointless LEDs in it to illuminate the water :confused:

any ideas how I can fit a shower to this little setup without leaving holes in the bath, smashing tiles off the walls or causing any other kind of destruction?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
What are the hole centres, are they at the standard distance (180mm IIRC)?

Thoughts:

Are the outer of the 3 holes spaced so that a mixer of some sort would fit. Then find/bodge a chrome blanking plate for the middle hole.

Eg (first google hit) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tap-Hole-Blanking-Plug-Stopper-Kitchen-Sink-Bathroom-chrome-/230779161224

Use a traditional style mixer with cranked legs that are adjustable for different sized holes?

Use a monoblock single hole bath/shower mixer and blanks in the other two holes?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back