Bath Waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumber has left my Bath too high for my wife, despite agreeing height. I can lower the bath easily enough, but the waste pipe into the stack will be going upwards if I do. Plumber is going to be replacing parts of the stack in a couple of weeks and can remedy this, but in the meantime will my water drain away or will I be left with a bath full, or standing water.

Sponsored Links
if you lower the bath too much the bath will only empty down until the water level is at the same height as the pipe, so you will brob be left with an 1" or 2" of water staying in the bath which will need to be baled out, better temp measure would be to build a step (or better couple of smaller steps) up into the bath if getting in/out is an issue, until the stack is lowered, a pump (archimedis, check spelling) can be fitted on shower tray wastes to pump the water up and out a normal bath waste, but at £150 or so is it worth it for a short time.

Thanks, my basic knowledge of physics hinted at this. the Plumber is now saying he had to put the bath in at this height, but I can see how changing the soil pipe can allow this, so I just wonder if he wants to do this or not. If not I think I can work it out.

have you a pic of this designer bath and waste problem ?
did you have a bath before the new one was installed ?

Sponsored Links
No picture, the Bath is just about 3" higher sided. Been plonked on the same brick and block as previous bath, around about 5" off ground. waste is at the same angle as before. looking at soil pipe configurations, I think this is solvable by rejigging said soil pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back