Bath waste query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On 40mm bath waste pipe does the drop have to be constant along its length or, can you have horizontal, 45 degree drop, horizontal?

Id like to have the pipe come out of the S bend horizontal for 300mm then drop at 45 degrees to go under the floor, then back to horizontal for 2m and out through the wall.

In other words can all the drop be on one bit of pipe?

Regards
John

Sponsored Links
My reason for asking is that the bend fittings are all either 135 or 90 degree angles. Why arent there any 137 or 92 degree ones to take the drop in to account? Do you have to rely on the pipe bending?

John

2 degrees is not going to make any odds. What you don't want is horizontal as soap/grease will sit in the pipe and eventually block it. A bath trap normally exits with a slight angle anyway which means that the waste pipe will be at a slight angle.

Sponsored Links
My reason for asking is that the bend fittings are all either 135 or 90 degree angles. Why arent there any 137 or 92 degree ones to take the drop in to account? Do you have to rely on the pipe bending?

John

If you use proper bend fittings instead of the "knuckle" bends you will have 92 1/2 degrees.

For any under floor waste I would recommend you go for solvent waste pipework and fittings. If you have to connect to any push fit pipe you will need to couple with a compression fitting as 40mm solvent waste and 40mm push fit are actually different diameters!

A Push fit 92 1/2 bend example

A Solvent 92 1/2 bend example

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back