BATH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Helpers

The answers are probably on here, I have looked through the topics and found it very helpful but I need to be sure I'm on the right wave length.

Plan is to take out old bath and replace with nice new one and move te sink over!
Plumbing is as follows.
In the bathroom 15mm hot connects to 22mm under the floorboards which then has a T up to the bath taps, still 22mm. This 22mm continues under the floorboards, feeds the sink via a 15mm from a T junction. The 22mm pipe is then capped off, I assume where the old hot water tank was. The cold water pipes follow the same pattern.
Do I need to stick with 22mm pipe to the bath? I now have a combi boiler rather than the old style central heating system with hot water cylinder.
I'm also wanting to have a shower over the bath run off the taps i.e not a separate thermostatic shower, will the pressure be ok from 15mm pipe?
Thanks
Rachel

Sponsored Links
Do I need to stick with 22mm pipe to the bath? I now have a combi boiler rather than the old style central heating system with hot water cylinder.
I'm also wanting to have a shower over the bath run off the taps i.e not a separate thermostatic shower, will the pressure be ok from 15mm pipe?
Thanks

no but if its in and working it wont matter

yeah shower should be ok

as long as your pressure/ flowrate are ;)

Most bath taps come with a 22mm connection but you can just use a reducer :). is it an electric shower? It would be fine off 15mm

Thanks guys.

Not having electric shower, just shower/bath mixer from bath taps.

Will I get better pressure in the shower if the pipe is 15mm? Does 15mm connect to bath taps (or is there a connector available, most seem to say 22mm.

Anyone live in Stoke/Stone area and want to give me a quote for a couple of radiators to be installed and a shower cubicle (with the shower fitted too, not the one over the bath!)????

Cheers
Rachel

Sponsored Links
Ignore me if I'm repeating already answered bits. Computer playing up and skipping to te end of the page!!

Ps how do I know if the pressure is ok. Got a Greenstar Combi with the pressure set at just over 1 bar.
When Ive turned the water back on after all this plumbing malarky will the radiators need bleeding? Not quite got to grips with the combi system yet.
Rach

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back