Bathroom and Stack query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have just had a quote for a new bathroom being fitted and a new 4" plastic stack being installed on the outside of my house,The plumber is having to remove the existing 3" cast iron and cut the trap below ground level(he tells me there is a trap at the bottom of the C/I !!!)
Now the pan is being repositioned hence the reason for the drain alteration but everything is being fitted against a bulkhead(hot and cold water already behind bulk head) So after the alteration to the 4" waster I assume it shouldnt be to difficult !!
I have been quoted £700 for labour and material,this is up in Scotland,Is that about the going rate.
Cheers Bill

Sponsored Links
sounds ok to me. get a couple more people round to quote you if your not sure.

Sounds like a good price to me. My starting price for a basic bathroom fit without tiling is around the £500 mark (and I'm nowhere near the most expensive in my area). Add in the additional labour and materials for the 4inch pipe and I think this price starts to loo like a bargain. I'ts hard to say exactly without knowing how much stack is being replaced, how far underground the cut is and how accessible etc. I could see that such a job could easily exceed £1k.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys guys,I offered to dig down to the drain for access and core the hole for the new 4" waste,There is around 9 meters of 4" waste,1 branch and 6 bends required aswell as 6 meteres of 40mm for the postion of the new bath,apparantly it's clay below ground so the plumber says he will have to cut it out with a sthill saw and use a rubber jointing piece to run the new plastic below ground.So this seems like a fair quote,the reason I ask,A local builder has offered to do it for £500 but he is just that a bulder not a plumber !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back