Bathroom Bonding Practicalities

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been looking at the nice diagram in the OSG that shows bonding in a bathroom. Question is in practice, in an existing installation, how do you discreetly run the cables say from a shower to a cold water pipe or from a shaver unit to a cold water pipe without ripping up floor/wall coverings?

I suppose if the shower had a pull cord switch and the water feed from the shower was from above then you could connect from the earth terminal of the switch to the water pipe in the loft space. But if the switch was a wall switch (outside the bathroom/zones) and the water feed came UP through the floorboards and was fed behind the bathroom tiles it would be more difficult.

Same problem with a shaver unit, if there isn't a convenient airing cupboard and there are no cold water pipes in the loft space would it mean channeling out the wall/tiles to get a cpc to the water pipes?

I'm sure there's a simple answer to this, problem is I don't know what it is..! Cheers

Sponsored Links
You only need to bond each circuit / service once, you do not need to bond every part of the circuit.

You can also use the pipe work as part of the bonding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back