Bathroom circuit-breaker?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
You already have a single RCD split ('16th edition') board, chances are your upstairs ring is already RCD protected and if your fancy bath and floor heating are off this then unlikely any extra RCD protection will be required

The electrician you are using will be aware of the requirements though...

salimfadhley,
Where are you getting the power from to feed these two items of equipment.
If it's a new circuit, back to the board you will require RCBOs as you have no spares coved by the RCD.
If you are taking the feed from a circuit that is not covered by the RCD again this will need to be upgraded to one that is, easiest method is using RCBO at board.
I assume the two items will both have a separate means of isolation and you submitted notification to the council for work in special locations?

I've had to halt building - when I inspected what the builders had done they appeared to have taken power from a wall-socket ring-main, which I do not think is acceptable.

I've told the builders that we need to fit additional isolation switches for each new service, plus a new RCBO which will serve both.

Is it acceptable to run both things from a single circuit-breaker?

Sponsored Links
What is the total output of your UFH and what output is the spa bath?
This combination will dictate the rating of the RCBO, it will need to be type tested for the MK board, so you require a MK RCBO.
Taking the feed from the RFC may well be okay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back